September 2019 Meeting Agenda
Date: Thursday, September 26th, 2019
Time: 6:00PM TO 8:00PM
Location: 336 Sheppard Ave East (Click for Location Map)
Room: Unit One (AltaTC)
Click here to reserve your spot.
We talked about benefits of membership and distributed registration forms.
For the first year the discounted annual membership fee is $60.
We will share a coupon code with the members to get the free ticket online.
Non-members would pay $10 per session.
Below is the summary benefit that members will receive:
1. Free ticket for monthly meetings. Regular price for non-members is $10.
2. Up to 80% discount on Conferences and Seminars organized by PITON.
3. Success mentor-ship: Including professional assistance with SMART goal setting, progress monitoring, and success accountability pairing.
4. Discounted coaching sessions with one of our professional and certified coaches of your choice if required.
5. Practicing personal-branding, public speaking, and leadership skills.
6. Certificate of participation for the time you spend in meetings that can be submitted to certification bodies as education units.
7. Free G-Suite account under “piton.ca”domain (reserved for volunteers and leadership team).
8. Members can bring along guests for a maximum of 2 sessions free of charge.
Mehrdad, PITON’s president, provided an introduction on PITON and its mission. He explained how PITON creates an environment in which people become empowerd by assisting each other.
As a regular practice in PITON, all the attendees are given time to introduce themselves in a professional way to stand up and be noticed.
The first presentation was performed by Fatima Omar, Leadership and Business Consultant, and the topic was “3 Steps to Success”. The three pillars of success can be summarized as “CUBS”:
Commitment: Declare your ultimate goals and remain focused on it.
Un-Learn: Find your barriers. Put aside your logical brain, listen to your curiosity and expand your abilities, move on.
Believe in yourself: Be kind to yourself
It leads to “Success”.
Second presentation was on Phishing scams that was delivered by Mehrdad.
He introduced Phishingfree.com that has a free browser add-on that can help detecting suspicious URLs. You can install it on Chrome and IE browsers for free.
This free add-on is provided by Safetoopen.com company based on Auckland, New Zealand.
Safetoopen provides phishing detection and protection solutions.
We had two guest speakers:
Hard skills (technology) track guest speaker was Masih Omid who talked about micro services. Summary of key points:
Micro-service architecture characteristics
The Soft Skill track guest speaker was Fatima Omar who talked about 3 Steps To Writing A Book: